This medicine contains the active ingredient tenonitrozole which belongs to a group of antiprotozoal agents. This medicine is prescribed for the treatment of urogenital trichomoniasis, which is an infection caused by the parasite Trichomonas vaginalis. In most cases, this infection does not cause symptoms, but they can include itching in the genital area, bad-smelling thin vaginal discharge, burning during urination, and pain during sex. The infection can also cause complications during the pregnancy.
Is Tenonitrozole suitable for me?
Tenonitrozole is not suitable for everyone. Do not use it
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to tenonitrozole or to any of the other ingredients in this medicine
- if you have liver failure
- if you are allergic to peanuts or soya
- if it is meant for child or adolescent
In particular, you must tell the doctor if you:
- are pregnant, trying to get pregnant or breast-feeding
- have hematological disorders related to white blood cells
- wear contact lenses
- have an intolerance to some sugars
Tenonitrozole interacts with other medicines. It is most important that you tell the doctor all the medications and herbal supplements that you are currently taking.
See the package leaflet for a complete list of possible contraindications and warnings.
How should I take Tenonitrozole?
This medicine is available in form of a gastro-resistant capsule.
You should take tenonitrozole exactly as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- The usual dose is 1 capsule in the morning and 1 capsule in the evening during meals, for 4 days. Both partners should be treated simultaneously.
Do not use more of it, do not use it more often, or do not use it for a longer time than your doctor instructed. Also, this medicine works best if there is a constant amount in the blood. To help keep this amount constant, do not miss any doses and take the medicine at the same time each day. Do not take two doses together if you miss a dose.
Read the information leaflet provided with your medication for additional information. Talk to your doctor if you have any additional questions.
What are Tenonitrozole side effects?
Like all medicines tenonitrozole can cause side effects, including:
- upset stomach
- loss of appetite
- yellowing of contact lenses
Consult a doctor if the side effects are severe. See the package leaflet for a complete list of side effects.