This medicine contains three active ingredients: 222 mg of Rhamnus frangula L, dry extract of the bark; 170 mg of Rhamnus purshiana L. (Cascara Sagrada), dry extract of the bark; 126 mg of Fucus vesiculosus L, dry extract of the stem. These ingredients are of herbal origin and they stimulate digestion. This medicine induces the bowel movement, and it is used for the treatment of occasional constipation (irregular bowel movement and inability to release stool).
Is Comfort-Lax suitable for me?
Comfort-Lax is not suitable for everyone. Do not use it
- if you are allergic to Rhamnus frangula, Rhamnus purshiana, Fucus vesiculosus or other ingredients of this medicine
- if you have appendicitis or any abdominal pain of unknown origin
- if you have inflammatory bowel disease (e.g., Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis)
- if you suffer from impaired function of the thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism)
- if you have liver and kidney problems
- if it is meant for a child under 12 years
- if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
In particular, you must tell the doctor if you:
- have stomach or intestinal ulcers
- have nausea, vomiting, or undiagnosed stomach pain
- are pregnant or breastfeeding
Comfort-Lax interacts with other medicines. It is most important that you tell the doctor all the medications and herbal supplements that you are currently taking.
See the package leaflet for a complete list of possible contraindications and warnings.
How should I take Comfort-Lax?
This medicine is available in form of a film-coated tablet.
You should take Comfort-Lax exactly as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- The usual dose is one tablet per day before bedtime. Laxative effect commences 6-12 hours after taking the tablet.
- This medicine should not be used for more than 6 days in a row.
Do not use more of it, do not use it more often, or do not use it for a longer time than your doctor instructed. Do not take two doses together if you miss a dose.
Read the information leaflet provided with your medication for additional information. Talk to your doctor if you have any additional questions.
What are Comfort-Lax side effects?
Like all medicines Comfort-Lax can cause side effects, including:
- pain and stomach cramps
- meteorism (presence of gas in the intestines)
- slimy stools and / or diarrhea
- skin rash
- allergic reactions
- yellow-red-brown color of urine
Consult a doctor if the side effects are severe. See the package leaflet for a complete list of side effects.