This medicine contains the active ingredient paracetamol which is analgesics and antipyretics. This medicine is prescribed for the treatment of mild to moderately severe pain and / or reduction of fever. It is intended for the use in conditions such as teething, toothache, sore throat and flu-like conditions. It is also recommended for the relief of fever caused by chicken pox, whooping cough, measles and mumps.
Is Paracetamol suitable for me?
Paracetamol is not suitable for everyone. Do not use it
- if the child is allergic (hypersensitive) to paracetamol or to any of the other ingredients in this medicine
- if the child has a known intolerance to the sugar (fructose)
In particular, you must tell the doctor if the child:
- suffers from liver or kidney problems
- was born prematurely and is under 3 months
Paracetamol interacts with other medicines. It is most important that you tell the doctor all the medications and herbal supplements that the child is currently taking.
See the package leaflet for a complete list of possible contraindications and warnings.
How should I take Paracetamol?
This medicine is available in form of syrup.
You should take paracetamol exactly as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist. The usual single dose will depend on the child`s age:
- 2 – 3 months: the dose is 2.5 ml, repeated after 4-6 hours;
- 3 – 6 months: the dose is 2.5 ml, given 4 times per day;
- 6 – 24 months: the dose is 5 ml, given 4 times per day;
- 2 – 4 years: the dose is 7.5 ml, given 4 times per day;
- 4 – 8 years: the dose is 10 ml, given 4 times per day;
- 8 – 10 years: the dose is 15 ml, given 4 times per day;
- 10 – 12 years: the dose is 20 ml, given 4 times per day.
Do not use more of it, do not use it more often, or do not use it for a longer time than your doctor instructed. Do not take two doses together if you miss a dose.
Read the information leaflet provided with your medication for additional information. Talk to your doctor if you have any additional questions.
What are Paracetamol side effects?
Like all medicines paracetamol can cause side effects, including:
- skin rash or itching
- breathing problems
- swelling of the lips, tongue, throat or face
- mouth ulcers
- unexpected bruising or bleeding
- changes in blood tests that measure the function of their liver
Other side effects: severe reduction in white blood cells.
Consult a doctor if the side effects are severe. See the package leaflet for a complete list of side effects.