This medicine contains two active ingredients, 5 mg of Nebivolol and 12,5 mg of Hydrochlorothiazide. Nebivolol belongs to the group of medicines known as beta-blockers. It works by blocking beta-adrenergic receptors in your heart and the heart is then beating evenly and more slowly. Hydrochlorothiazide belongs to a group of medicines called thiazide diuretics, also known as water tablets. These medicines cause the kidneys to produce more urine, and in that way they free your body from retaining the extra fluid. Nebilet Plus is prescribed to patients with high blood pressure (hypertension).
Is Nebilet Plus suitable for me?
Nebilet Plus is not suitable for everyone. Do not use it if you
- are allergic (hypersensitive) to nebivolol, hydrochlorothiazide or to any of the other ingredients in this medicine
- have a very slow heart rate
- serious heart rhythm problems
- heart failure
- low blood pressure
- serious circulation problems in the arms or legs
- untreated phaeochromocytoma, a tumor in the adrenal glands
- severe kidney problems
- a metabolic disorder like diabetic ketoacidosis
- asthma or wheezing
- liver function disorder
- high blood calcium, low blood potassium, low blood sodium levels
In particular, you must tell the doctor if you:
- are pregnant, trying to get pregnant or breast-feeding
- have problems with the way your kidneys work
- have sugar diabetes
- have slow or irregular heartbeat
- have Prinzmetal's angina
- have psoriasis (a skin problem)
- lupus erythematosus
- overactive thyroid gland
- Raynaud’s disease or syndrome
- have low blood potassium
- are planning surgery
- have a history of allergic reactions
Nebilet Plus interacts with other medicines. It is most important that you tell the doctor all the medications and herbal supplements that you are currently taking.
See the package leaflet for a complete list of possible contraindications and warnings.
How should I take Nebilet Plus?
This medicine is available in form of a film-coated tablet.
You should take Nebilet Plus exactly as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist. You will be prescribed your dose according to your condition and needs.
The usual dose is one tablet per day.
Do not use more of it, do not use it more often, or do not use it for a longer time than your doctor instructed. Also, this medicine works best if there is a constant amount in the blood. To help keep this amount constant, do not miss any doses and take the medicine at the same time each day. Do not take two doses together if you miss a dose. Read the information leaflet provided with your medication for additional information. Talk to your doctor if you have any additional questions.
What are Nebilet Plus side effects?
Like all medicines Nebilet Plus can cause side effects, including:
- itching or tingling feeling
- shortness of breath
- swollen hands or feet
- slow heartbeat
- low blood pressure
- leg pains on walking
- abnormal vision
- feelings of depression
- digestive difficulties (dyspepsia)
- gas in stomach or bowel, vomiting
- skin rash, itchiness
Consult a doctor if the side effects are severe. See the package leaflet for a complete list of side effects.