This medicine contains two active ingredients, Lisinopril and Hydrochlorothiazide. Lisinopril belongs to the group of medicines called angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors. ACE inhibitors do not allow the production of angiotensin II hormone which causes the compression of the blood vessels, so that they are relaxed and wide and the blood pressure is lowered. Hydrochlorothiazide belongs to a group of medicines called thiazide diuretics, also known as water tablets. These medicines cause the kidneys to produce more urine, and in that way they free your body from retaining the extra fluid. Lopril H is prescribed for the treatment of high blood pressure.
Is Lopril H suitable for me?
Lopril H is not suitable for everyone. Do not use it
- If you are allergic to Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, other ACE inhibitor medicines, diuretics, or other ingredients of this medicine
- If you suffer from hereditary or idiopathic angioedema
- If you are taking medicines containing aliskiren
- If you have diabetes
- If you have kidney problems
- If you suffer from an inability to pass water (anuria)
- If you have a specific type of heart disease called aortic stenosis
- If you have high levels of potassium in the blood
- if you are more than 3 months pregnant
In particular, you must tell the doctor if you:
- have a heart problem.
- have diabetes
- have kidney or liver problems
- are having dialysis
- have had a kidney transplant
- have problems with your immune system
- have gout
- have abnormal levels of: potassium, calcium, urea, creatinine, uric acid, cholesterol or triglycerides.
- have assystemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) or scleroderma.
- are pregnant or breastfeeding
Lopril H interacts with other medicines. It is most important that you tell the doctor all the medications and herbal supplements that you are currently taking.
See the package leaflet for a complete list of possible contraindications and warnings.
How should I take Lopril H?
This medicine is available in form of a tablet.
You should take Lopril H exactly as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- The usual dose is one tablet per day.
Do not use more of it, do not use it more often, or do not use it for a longer time than your doctor instructed. Also, this medicine works best if there is a constant amount in the blood. To help keep this amount constant, do not miss any doses and take the medicine at the same time each day. Do not take two doses together if you miss a dose.
Read the information leaflet provided with your medication for additional information. Talk to your doctor if you have any additional questions.
What are Lopril H side effects?
Like all medicines Lopril H can cause side effects, including:
- dizziness, headache
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- skin rash
- kidney problems
- depression, confusion
- taste disturbance
- Fast heartbeat
- Runny nose
- Raynaud’s syndrome
- Stomach pain or indigestion
- Skin rash or itching
- tiredness, weakness
- heart attack
Consult a doctor if the side effects are severe. See the package leaflet for a complete list of side effects.