This medicine contains two active ingredients, dexpanthenol and chlorhexidine. Dexpanthenol is a derivative of pantothenic acid, a B complex vitamin. Chlorhexidine, the other active ingredient of this medicine is an antibacterial used as an antiseptic. This cream is used for the prevention of infection and for the easier and faster healing of superficial wounds and lesions of the skin such as:
- abrasions, cuts, scratches, sores, burns, harm to, dermatitis
- chronic wounds such as ulcers on the lower legs and decubitus ulcers
- wounds after minor surgery
- secondarily infected eczema and neurodermatitis
- cracked skin of the nipples in nursing mothers.
Is Bepanthen Plus suitable for me?
Bepanthen Plus is not suitable for everyone. Do not use it
- if you are allergic to dexpanthenol, chlorhexidine, or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
In particular, you must tell the doctor if you:
- are pregnant or breastfeeding
- is not intended for the treatment of irritated skin, which is unlikely to become infected (eg, sunburn)
Bepanthen Plus interacts with other medicines. It is most important that you tell the doctor all the medications and herbal supplements that you are currently taking.
See the package leaflet for a complete list of possible contraindications and warnings.
How should I take Bepanthen Plus?
This medicine is available in form of cream.
You should take Bepanthen Plus exactly as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- The cream is intended for external use on the skin. You should apply the cream to the affected area 1 or more times a day.
Do not use more of it, do not use it more often, or do not use it for a longer time than your doctor instructed. Do not miss any doses and apply the medicine at the same time each day.
Read the information leaflet provided with your medication for additional information. Talk to your doctor if you have any additional questions.
What are Bepanthen Plus side effects?
Like all medicines Bepanthen Plus can cause side effects, including:
- contact dermatitis
- allergic dermatitis
- itching, redness
- anaphylactic reactions
- anaphylactic shock (potentially life-threatening)
Consult a doctor if the side effects are severe. See the package leaflet for a complete list of side effects.