This medicine contains of two active ingredients, 10 mg of butylscopolamine and 500 mg of paracetamol. Butylscopolamine belongs to the group of medicines used for the treatment of functional disorders of the digestive system, and paracetamol, the other active ingredient of this medicine is used to relieve pain and to lower fever, and it belongs to the group of medicines called analgesics and antipyretics. This medicine is used for the treatment of painful conditions caused by spasms in the gastrointestinal (stomach, intestine, bile) and genitourinary system (painful menstruation).
Is Spazmol suitable for me?
Spazmol is not suitable for everyone. Do not use it
- if you are allergic to butylscopolamine, paracetamol, or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- if you have narrow-angle glaucoma (decreased vision, redness and eye pain)
- if you have enlarged prostate
- if you have mechanical narrowing of the digestive tract or very extensive section of the colon (megacolon)
- if you have myasthenia gravis (muscle weakness)
- if you have severely impaired liver function
- if you have rapid or irregular heartbeat or
- if you have porphyria (a metabolic disorder)
In particular, you must tell the doctor if you:
- have liver or kidney problems
- have a rapid or irregular heartbeat
- have Gilbert's disease (jaundice, nausea, fatigue, diarrhea, headache, loss of appetite incurred due to disturbances in the metabolism of bilirubin)
- have lack of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase
- have increased eye pressure
Spazmol interacts with other medicines. It is most important that you tell the doctor all the medications and herbal supplements that you are currently taking.
See the package leaflet for a complete list of possible contraindications and warnings.
How should I take Spazmol?
This medicine is available in form of a film-coated tablet.
You should take Spazmol exactly as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- The usual dose for people over 12 years of age is one to two tablets taken every 8 hours, while the maximum daily dose is 6 tablets.
Do not use more of it, do not use it more often, or do not use it for a longer time than your doctor instructed. Also, this medicine works best if there is a constant amount in the blood. To help keep this amount constant, do not miss any doses and take the medicine at the same time each day. Do not take two doses together if you miss a dose.
Read the information leaflet provided with your medication for additional information. Talk to your doctor if you have any additional questions.
What are Spazmol side effects?
Like all medicines Spazmol can cause side effects, including:
- shortness of breath
- anaphylactic shock
- rapid heartbeat
- dry mouth
- skin reactions
- urinary retention
- hypersensitivity reactions
- low blood pressure and collapse
- reduced number of platelets and white blood cells
Consult a doctor if the side effects are severe. See the package leaflet for a complete list of side effects.